Wednesday 23 February 2011

Piece of Me #19: The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake


I've just bought this new book called 'The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake'. I've not read anything in a long long time (ok, it's been years) but I can't wait to get started on this one. It's the story of a girl who has the gift to taste her mother's emotions through the food she makes.

What an awesome gift!

It got me thinking...

Flapjacks and food colouring remind me of mischief with an old friend. Thai Green Curry stirs up Newcastle nostalgia. Nachos are reminiscent of friendship and frolics and blueberry muffins of things loved and lost.

And roast dinners are of course synonomous with family, comfort and warmth.

As for the book, I'll let you know how it goes...

2 comments:

  1. Roasted vegetables and Diet Coke remind me of my best friend. I wonder who Nachos remind you of....x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chilli con carne reminds me of every dinner party Ellie ever cooked for. I like the sound of this book Roo, is it any good?x

    ReplyDelete